Work in groups of three or four. Discuss whether the verb forms in the following text are correct or not. Correct the wrong ones.
A saxophone are a single reed, woodwind instrument first developed in the mid-1800s by Adolphe Sax. It is composed of a mouthpiece, conical metal tube, and finger keys. Sound is produced when air is blown through the instrument causing the reed to vibrate. This sound are amplified as it travels through the instrument's main body. Saxophones consists of numerous parts and pieces which are made separately as then assembled.
Saxophones is primarily made from brass. Brass is a composite alloy made up of metals including copper, tin, nickel, and zinc. The most common type used for instruments are yellow brass which contains 70% copper and 30% zinc. Other types includes gold brass and silver brass which have different ratios. The zinc in brass makes the alloy workable at lower temperatures.
The saxophone tube is a long, metal tube which steadily get wider at one end. It have holes drilled in the side at specific spots to create notes. When all the holes are closed, the instrument work much like a bugle amplifying the sound of the vibrating reed. When a hole is opened, the sound is modified producing a different note. The conical shape of the saxophone make the overtones octaves. This makes fingering easier because the higher-pitched notes are produced with the same fingering as lower-pitched ones.
Adopted from: https://www.encyclopedia.com/literature-and-arts/performing-arts/music-theory-forms-and-instruments/ saxophone#:-:text=A%20saxophone%20is%20a%20singlecausing%20the%20reed%20to%20vibrate (September 17, 2020)
Mahasiswa/Alumni Universitas Indonesia
Soal meminta untuk mengoreksi penulisan kata kerja yang salah pada teks.
Teks ini termasuk ke dalam report text, sehingga tense yang digunakan adalah Simple Present Tense
Rumus penulisan Simple Present Tense adalah sebagai berikut:
S + is/am/are + O/Complement
"is" digunakan untuk he/she/it, "am" digunakan untuk I, dan "are" digunakan untuk you/they/we.
S + V1 (s/es)
Penambahan "s/es" pada V1 diberikan jika subjek kalimat tersebut subjek tunggal (singular).
Jadi, contoh jawaban yang benar adalah:
1. "A saxophone are a single reed ..." seharusnya menjadi "A saxophone is a single reed ...".
2. "This sound are amplified as it travels ..." seharusnya menjadi "This sound is amplified as it travels ...".
3. "Saxophones consists of numerous parts and pieces ..." seharusnya menjadi "Saxophones consist of numerous parts and pieces ...".
4. "Saxophones is primarily made from brass" seharusnya menjadi "Saxophones are primarily made from brass".
5. "The most common type used for instruments are yellow brass ..." seharusnya menjadi "The most common type used for instruments is yellow brass ...".
6. "Other types includes gold brass ..." seharusnya menjadi "Other types include gold brass ...".
7. "The saxophone tube is a long, metal tube which steadily get wider at one end" seharusnya menjadi "The saxophone tube is a long, metal tube which steadily gets wider at one end".
8. "It have holes drilled ..." seharusnya menjadi "It has holes drilled ...".
9. "... the instrument work much like a bugle ..." seharusnya menjadi "... the instrument works much like a bugle ...".
10. "The conical shape of the saxophone make the overtones octaves" seharusnya menjadi "The conical shape of the saxophone makes the overtones octaves".
0.0 (0 rating)
Read the missing words with your teacher then fill gaps as you listen! Corona viruses are large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe disease such as M...
In this posture, it can move or lunge forward to strike its victim. Hatchlings are about 45–55 cm long and are black with yellow or white stripes. It preys almost exclusively on other snakes, prowli...
Fill in the blanks with the words in the box! Why Summer Daylight is Longer Than Winter Daylight In the summer, the (1) ____ of daylight that we get is more than we get in winter. This is not...
The tense mostly used in the text is ...? Please write the sentence from the text.
Bantuan & Panduan
©2022 Ruangguru. All Rights Reserved PT. Ruang Raya Indonesia