Read the following text aloud, in turns.
Things to Do in Banyuwangi
If you are in East Java, you should visit Banyuwangi. It is the gateway to Bali and the best place to stay if you want to visit Ijen Crater and see the blue flames. The beautiful beaches, great surf, and stunning nature make Banyuwanngi best place to visit. Here are things to do if you visit Banyuwangi.
- Visit the most famous place in Banyuwangi, Ijen Crater. It is an active volcano that looms over the town. The volcano is famous for its sulphur miners, striking yellow landscape, and the blue flames that appear at night. It's a 30-40 minute drive from Banyuwangi to Ijen. If you visit this place, you must prepare your stamina and wear a mask.
- Enjoy the beautiful beaches. This town has several beaches, such as Wedi Ireng, Sukamade, and Plengkung Beaches. Wedi Ireng is located 65 km to the South of Banyuwangi. The beach gets its name because of the color of the sand 'black.' The sand is actually white, but there is black sand underneath the surface. If you want to have a great place for an off-road adventure, visit Sukamade Beach. You can also see turtles at the beach on the nights to lay their eggs. If you love to surf, you should visit Plengkung Beach. It offers the best experience for surfers with shallow reef breaks and long barrel waves.
- Explore Baluran Savannah. This national park i s known as the African savannah of Java. It turns brown during the dry season. The park is surrounded on one side by the sea and ringed by hills and Ijen Volcano. The park has a lot of wildlife and you can see buffalos, antelopes, monkeys, and peacocks. For the best view of the park, make sure to climb the watchtower. The best time to visit the park is in the morning or close to the sunset time. If you visit Banyuwangi, you can combine a visit to Baluran National Park with the Ijen midnight tour.
- Come to Tabuhan Island. It is located 20 km from Banyuwangi. The best way to reach the island is by public boat. The island is about 5 square km and is surrounded by white sandy beaches with coral reefs offshore. If you like snorkelling and diving, it is the best place to enjoy the marine life.
- Visit Hoo Tong Bio Temple o r Klenteng Banyuwangi. The area o f the temple is about 400 square meters and the tower is 9 meters tall. If you are interested to visit this temple, it's better for you to go there during weekdays so it will not be too crowded. It's also a good idea to go there during the day. You can find many great spots to capture photos and it's going to be a nice experience.
- Try traditional food of Banyuwangi, such a sego cawuk, rujak soto, sego tempong, pecel pitik, and pecel rawon. Enjoy the food while enjoying the interesting places in Banyuwangi.
Adopted from: https://discoveryourindonesia.com/things-to-do-in-banyuwangi/ (April 8, 2020)
Answer the following questions based on the text in Activity 5.
What is Baluran National Park like?