Complete the following text with suitable word from the box.
London is one of the top tourist destinations in the world. No matter what your reason is for visiting. London has everything for everyone. If you visit London:
- Take a tour of Buckingham Palace, London, home of Queen Elizabeth II. The palace is open for tour, except for the Queen's (1) _______________, in the summer when the Queen is away on vacation. During the tour, you'll have access to the State Rooms where the Queen and members of the Royal family host guests for State ceremonials and (2) _______________. To enjoy the palace tour, you have to pay admission fees. If you rather not pay admission fees, you can still experience Buckingham Palace by witnessing the Changing of the Guard (also referred to Guard Mounting), which occurs daily at 11:30 AM, from May until late July, and on alternate days the rest of the year, except during inclement weather.
- Explore the British Museum, one of London's (3) _______________. The museum is bot architecturally beautiful and a trove of a few of the world's most noted antiquities. The immense collection can make an initial museum visit seem (4) _______________. This is a museum for people of all ages that exhibits the works of a man from prehistoric to modern times, from the Egyptian exhibit to the urns of Greece. If you decide it to be one of your destinations, visit the museum Saturday through Thursday from 10 AM until 5:30 PM and on Fridays until 8.30 PM.
- Enjoy London's landscape from Tower Bridge. If you--like many other London tourists--want an expansive view of the city, you should head to Tower Bridge. Strolling across the stone-and-steel bridge affords walkers an almost (5) _______________ of London town, especially as the setting sun blankets the city in warm light. Strolling across the bridge is free. However, if you're interested in viewing the city from a higher vantage point, about 138 feet, consider a tour of the Tower Bridge Exhibition. For a fee, this tour will take you to the top of the bridge, as well as the bottom, with exhibits and displays on the bridge's inner workings and history.
- Broaden your knowledge by visiting National History Museum, one of London's most beautiful landmark buildings. The museum displays hundreds of exciting and interactive (6) _______________, including a collection of the biggest, tallest and rarest animals in the world. Highlights include the popular Dinosaurs gallery, Mammals display with the unforgettable model blue whale and the spectacular Central Hall, home to the museum's iconic Diplodocus skeleton. Besides, the Museum offers a wide-ranging program of temporary exhibitions and events, including chances to join experts in the Darwin Center's hightech Attenborough studio in topical (7) _______________ about science and nature.
- Ride on London Eye which delivers great views of London city. This giant Ferris wheel circles around slowly, offering an unbeatable birds-eye perspective of London's south bank. Many travelers say that London Eye is a must-do, while others say that it's a (8) _______________ experience.
- Take a trip around London by open-top red double-decker bus or tube. For many tourists, sitting on the open-top deck while traveling around the city is an unforgettable experience. Meanwhile, the London tube is a subway train system serving the city and (9) _______________ of London. It is a smart, safe, cheap way to get around London. You may board the tube to see the tourists sights or (10) _______________ and ride to understand how the city is laid out. There are 275 tube stations--63 in central London--it seems as if there is a tube stop everywhere. If it's your first time riding on the London tube, you don't need to worry. You'll see signs everywhere--overhead and on the walls--telling you what to do and where to buy (11) _______________
- Go to Harrods, London's famous department store. Even if you're not planning to (12) _______________ anything at this store, you should take a peek inside. People say that this place is worth visiting just for the experience. This place is both very attractive and unique, from the magnificent Egyptian elevator to the extravagant Old World interiors, and is filled with regal grandeur. Most tourists regard Harrods as an attraction rather than (13) _______________. Try to check out the food halls, their perfumery and the shrine dedicated to Princess Diana and Dodi Al Fayed (son of the former owner).
- Hang out in Picaddilly Circus. You can easily spend hours here while seeing (14) _______________ or busy business types and travellers. Picadilly Circus is technically a traffic roundabout in the heart of London, but it also means the life of London and the mysterious London vibe to many. Travelers are drawn to Picadilly Circcus by day while sightseeing and (15) _______________ by night.
-http://travel.usnews.com/London_England/Things_To_Do (February 22, 2020)
-http://studenttravel.about.com/od/ukstudenttravel/tp/top_free_london.htm (February 22, 2020)