relative pronoun

relative pronoun

Jawaban terverifikasi

Iklan

Iklan

Suli P

06 Maret 2024 01:35

Jawaban terverifikasi

Relative pronouns are words that introduce relative clauses in a sentence. They include: 1. **Who**: Refers to people. - Example: The girl who won the award is my friend. 2. **Whom**: Also refers to people but is used in a more formal context. - Example: The teacher whom you met is my mentor. 3. **Which**: Refers to things or animals. - Example: The book, which is on the shelf, is interesting. 4. **That**: Can refer to people, things, or animals. It's more commonly used in restrictive clauses. - Example: The car that I bought last week is red. 5. **Whose**: Shows possession and is used for people, animals, or things. - Example: The man whose wallet was found called to thank us. These pronouns help provide additional information about a noun in the sentence.

Iklan

Iklan

Salsabila M

Community

04 Mei 2024 02:00

Jawaban terverifikasi

<p><br>Relative pronouns are words used to introduce relative clauses, which provide additional information about a noun or pronoun in the main clause. Common relative pronouns include "who," "whom," "whose," "which," and "that."</p><p>Here's how each relative pronoun is typically used:</p><p><strong>Who</strong>: Refers to people and is used as the subject of a relative clause. Example: "The woman who lives next door is a doctor."</p><p><strong>Whom</strong>: Also refers to people, but is used as the object of a verb or preposition in the relative clause. Example: "The man whom I met yesterday is my new neighbor."</p><p><strong>Whose</strong>: Indicates possession and is used to show that something belongs to someone. Example: "The book whose cover is torn belongs to Sarah."</p><p><strong>Which</strong>: Refers to things and is used in non-restrictive relative clauses to provide additional information. Example: "I bought a new car, which is parked in the garage."</p><p><strong>That</strong>: Can refer to both people and things. It is often used in restrictive relative clauses to provide essential information. Example: "The house that we visited last week is for sale."</p>

Relative pronouns are words used to introduce relative clauses, which provide additional information about a noun or pronoun in the main clause. Common relative pronouns include "who," "whom," "whose," "which," and "that."

Here's how each relative pronoun is typically used:

Who: Refers to people and is used as the subject of a relative clause. Example: "The woman who lives next door is a doctor."

Whom: Also refers to people, but is used as the object of a verb or preposition in the relative clause. Example: "The man whom I met yesterday is my new neighbor."

Whose: Indicates possession and is used to show that something belongs to someone. Example: "The book whose cover is torn belongs to Sarah."

Which: Refers to things and is used in non-restrictive relative clauses to provide additional information. Example: "I bought a new car, which is parked in the garage."

That: Can refer to both people and things. It is often used in restrictive relative clauses to provide essential information. Example: "The house that we visited last week is for sale."

lock

Yah, akses pembahasan gratismu habis

atau

Dapatkan jawaban pertanyaanmu di AiRIS. Langsung dijawab oleh bestie pintar

Tanya Sekarang

Mau pemahaman lebih dalam untuk soal ini?

Tanya ke Forum

Biar Robosquad lain yang jawab soal kamu

Tanya ke Forum

LATIHAN SOAL GRATIS!

Drill Soal

Latihan soal sesuai topik yang kamu mau untuk persiapan ujian

Cobain Drill Soal

Perdalam pemahamanmu bersama Master Teacher
di sesi Live Teaching, GRATIS!

Pertanyaan serupa

contoh gaya gesek dalam kehidupan sehari-hari hari yang menguntungkan dan merugikan minimal 2

Jawaban terverifikasi