Daphne B

03 Februari 2022 11:15

Iklan

Iklan

Daphne B

03 Februari 2022 11:15

Pertanyaan

Since 1929, physicists have known that the universe is expanding. Most physicists hold that the entire observable universe was condensed into a tiny area of exceptional density and that this initial mass exploded outward in what is commonly referred to as the "Big Bang." The universe has been expanding steadily ever since this cataclysmic event and most physicists naturally assumed that this expansion must be gradually slowing down. Some theorists even predicted that the gravitational pull of the universe would cause the eventual contraction of the universe-the "Big Crunch." However, in 1998, a team of observers studying supernovae made a shocking discovery. Instead of slowing down, the expansion of the universe is accelerating. In fact, the acceleration appeared to have begun some 1 0 billion years ago. Later measurements of the cosmic microwave background and a survey of the distribution of galaxies seem to corroborate the initial finding that the expansion of the universe is indeed accelerating. Cosmologists believe the most likely explanation for the acceleration of the universe's expansion is an entity known as dark energy According to theory, dark energy should account for approximately two-thirds of the total cosmic energy density. It also is believed to be gravitationally repulsive and diffused throughout the areas of space unoccupied by galaxies. Although theoretically possible dark energy, if it were found to exist, would provide theorists with a number of difficulties and perhaps even require an extensive rethinking of fundamental physics. Some cosmologists believe that the existence of dark energy implies the existence of subatomic particles more than thirty orders of magnitude smaller than the electron. Others have tinkered with Einstein's theory of relativity in an attempt to account for the perceived effects of dark energy. Such drastic revisions to long-held tenets have encouraged some physicists to seek a more conventional solution to the accelerating universe enigma, one that does not invoke the specter of dark energy. These theories posit more mundane explanations, such as the aggregate gravitational effect of interstellar dust. Recently, four independent groups have found evidence of the integrated Sachs-Wolfe effect, a phenomenon linked to the presence of dark energy. The passage implies that the expansion of the universe ... . A. has been continuing for approximately 10 billion years B. was assumed in most theoretical models of the universe C. will eventually slow down and stop, leading to a "Big Crunch" D. is thought to result from the initial conditions of the universe E. is continuing to accelerate at a constant rate

Jawaban terverifikasi

Iklan

Iklan

T. Assistant

20 Juli 2022 07:29

Jawaban terverifikasi

Jawaban dari soal diatas adalah: D. is thought to result from the initial conditions of the universe. Soal diatas menanyakan tentang awal terjadinya alam semesta. Untuk menjawab soal diatas dapat ditemukan informasi di paragraf pertama baris ke-4 yang berbunyi, "The universe has been expanding steadily ever since this cataclysmic event and most physicists naturally assumed that this expansion must be gradually slowing down" artinya, alam semesta telah berekspansi secara teratur sejak peristiwa bencana tersebut dan sebagian besar ahli Fisika berasumsi bahwa ekspansi ini pasti melambat secara bertahap. Jadi dapat disimpulkan bahwa ekspansi alam semesta dianggap sebagai hasil dari kondisi awal alam semesta (the initial conditions of the universe). Maka, jawabannya adalah: D. is thought to result from the initial conditions of the universe.

Iklan

Iklan

lock

Yah, akses pembahasan gratismu habis

atau

Dapatkan jawaban pertanyaanmu di AiRIS. Langsung dijawab oleh bestie pintar

Tanya Sekarang

Mau pemahaman lebih dalam untuk soal ini?

Tanya ke Forum

Biar Robosquad lain yang jawab soal kamu

Tanya ke Forum

LATIHAN SOAL GRATIS!

Drill Soal

Latihan soal sesuai topik yang kamu mau untuk persiapan ujian

Cobain Drill Soal

Perdalam pemahamanmu bersama Master Teacher
di sesi Live Teaching, GRATIS!

Pertanyaan serupa

Task 2 Read the dialogue below. Then, state whether the sentences below are true (T) or false (F). Donna : Hi! Come in! Walter : Hi Donna. Thank you. Donna : How are you, pal? Walter : Terrific. Last week, I won the chess championship. Donna : Oh. It's great. Congratulation! Walter : Thank you. Next month I'll represent Indonesia in the World Championship. Donna : Really? I have no doubt on your capability. You have shown talent ever since we were in the elementary school. Walter: How about you? Still writing? Donna : Yes, I am working on my second novel. Walter : I think you've proven yourself as a good novelist. Donna : Thank you for your compliment. Walter : I'm sure one day your novel will be read by many people in the world. Donna : You think so? Walter : Of course, I do. 5. She is finishing her third novel. (.......)

Jawaban terverifikasi